Longevity wishes to keep all of our clients and patients updated regarding the evolving COVID-19 Virus Pandemic.
We would firstly like to remind everyone that the health of our clients is paramount and we will continue to remain vigilant and update our business practices as new information comes to hand. This is an unprecedented and evolving situation so we will continue to update everyone as we learn more about how best to manage the Pandemic.
We will make decisions in the best interests of protecting everyone from any potential infection, particularly our clients who are in high risk categories. For this reason we believe it is in the best interests of our patients and clients to currently continue offering services but we will follow the guidelines set by the Federal Government, the NSW Department of Health and Exercise and Sport Science Australia (the governing body for Exercise Physiologists) and Fitness Australia (the governing body for Personal Trainers).
We are in constant communication with all of the gyms and facilities we work in and they have all implemented intensive cleaning protocols to keep their members safe. This includes hand washing, disinfectant, and increased rates of cleaning of all equipment by staff and contracted cleaners.
As always, our job is to create individualised solutions and prescribe exercise in a careful way taking into consideration your individual circumstances. We will continue to do this with a greater emphasis on the following solutions:
- Home Visits
- Outdoor Sessions
- Skype/Facetime Consultations
- Telephone Consultations
Call 1300 964 002 at anytime to discuss your individual circumstances with Jarrat Wood.
We encourage everyone to stay updated by visiting the Australian Department of Health website regularly and it is updated daily. https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-%20coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert.
There is also a Coronavirus Hotline: 1800 020 080
There are 4 VERY important measures that can help protect our community:
- Do not attend the gym or maintain a booking for a home visit, outdoor session or any other service with Longevity if you are suffering any cold or flu-like symptoms. If you suspect COVID-19 symptoms then you should seek medical attention. There are clear guidelines on how to do this in the above link. If you are unsure whether or not to attend a booking you should call your Exercise Physiologist or Personal Trainer first so they can advise you accordingly. We wish to make it clear that any clients/patients that cancel sessions due to illness WILL NOT be charged any cancellation fee. Please respect other members of the community, stay home and seek medical attention as advised. If we all do our part, we will help to protect each other.
- Advise your Exercise Physiologist or Personal Trainer via PHONE if you have been travelling or if you suspect any contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. Do not attend the gym/s. Visit https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19 for further information and travel advice.
- Practice excellent hygiene. WASH YOUR HANDS! Avoid touching your mouth and face. If you need to cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow. Wipe down any benches, machines or mats that you use at the gym. Bring a towel with you. We repeat – WASH YOUR HANDS!
- Social Distancing: Avoid crowds and large gatherings. Attend the gym during quieter periods of the day or access one of our remote services like home visits, outdoor, video or phone consultations.
For any clients and patients who have concerns in maintaining their exercise during this time, we wish to remind you of the importance of exercise for our overall physical health and mental wellbeing. There are many ways to do this whilst still reducing the risk of infection. This is where working closely with your Exercise Physiologist is imperative. We will all be dealing with the Pandemic for the foreseeable future and there will be a need to maintain our overall health throughout this timeframe. Exercise will be a VERY important part of this. Our Exercise Physiologists are trained to come up with bespoke exercise solutions to suit you. Use their expertise to help you make good decisions.
It is important to remember that this is a situation that is unfolding and we may be dealing with it for an extended period of time. We wish to strike the right balance in continuing an important health service to all of our clients and patients whilst being extremely vigilant in mitigating any risk of infection.
– Jarrat Wood and the Longevity Team